Video Editing and Production - Exercise 1

Gan Pei Jane
0327622
Bachelor of Multimedia Design
Semester 2 (March 2018 ~ July 2018)
Video Editing and Production

Video Editing Exercise

 Week 2 (3rd April 2018)

This week, we were given an exercise on video editing where we will be compiling and editing 10 clips into a video. For this exercise, we will be using Premiere Pro to edit the video using Ripple Edit tool and Track Select Tool.
The Ripple Edit Tool will be used to edit an In or Out of a particular clip, meaning to trim or add to a particular clip accordingly without messing out the other clips in the front or end of it.
The Track Select Tool will be used to all clips at once.
We also learned the shortcut keys to rewind, pause and play a video in Premiere Pro, which is the J, K and L keys. J is for rewinding. K is for pause and L is for play.
To trim the clip before editing, we are required to use the keys I and O to indicate the amount of time we want our clip to be.

Fig. 1: Screenshot of Scene 1 Shot 1 in edited video.


In the images, the left screen shows a green bar of the video playing, which indicates the amount of time that I want the clip to be in the end product of the video. This is done by pressing the key I to indicate where I want to start trimming the video and then O when I want to stop trimming the video. After this process, I will drag the video to my timeline sequence at the bottom right for editing.

Fig. 2: Screenshot of Scene 1 Shot 2.


Fig. 3: Screenshot of Scene 2 Shot 1.

Scene 2 Shot 1 is what I believed to be the next clip after Scene 1 Shot 5. The total length of the edited video is 53:14 seconds. After editing the video, I will play the video back in order to see if there are any parts where I will find it suitable to add or trim, in this case, the Ripple Edit tool will come in handy. 

Although I have edited this video, I am not entirely sure if the sequence is right. There is a part where the girl from Scene 1 disappeared in Scene 1 Shot 6, which I find odd. But I will seek to improve my video editing skills and learn the right way to put clips together in order to form a proper video. 




Comments