3D Modelling - Final Project

Gan Pei Jane
0327622
Bachelor of Multimedia Design
Semester 2 (March 2018 ~ July 2018)
3D Modelling

Final Project

Week 13 to Week 15 (21st June to 8th July 2018)

After completing both Hard Surface and Organic modelling, we finally proceed to our final project. For our final project, I have modelled a girl with 3 foxes, the girl that I modeled is a Water Goddess with the 3 foxes being her protector by her side. 

Fig. 1: Process of modelling.

Fig. 2: Process of modelling.

Fig. 3: Process of modelling.

Fig. 4: Process of modelling.

Fig. 5: Process of modelling.

Fig. 6: Modelling in Maya (face).

Fig. 7: Modelling in Maya (back view).

Fig. 8: Modelling in Maya (3-quarter view).

Fig. 9: Modelling in Maya (foxes).

After modelling, I begin to render my model in maya using the Physical Sun and Sky setting in Arnold renderer. I wanted to get the glowy effect of the gems that the girl and the foxes are wearing and using this setting to render makes it pop out more. For the model, I used Lambert, Ramp Shader and Blinn. For the color scheme, I used blue for the girl's eyes, hair and the foxes' eyes and gems and decorations. I also used white and wheat color for the clothes and the staff. 

Fig. 10: Rendered model.

Fig. 11: Rendered model.

Fig. 12: Rendered model.

Fig. 13: Rendered model.

Fig. 14: Rendered model.

I figured that the model might be too dark using the Physical Sun and Sky setting, so I rendered it again using Skydome lighting to show a more detailed version of my model. 

Fig. 15: Rendered model: front view.

Fig. 16: Rendered model: side view, right.

Fig. 17: Rendered model: back view.

Fig. 18: Rendered model: side view, left.

After rendering, I made my poster for my final project and named it Nerina.

Fig. 19: Final poster of Nerina. 



Comments