3D Modelling - Project 2: Organic Modelling

Gan Pei Jane
0327622
Bachelor of Multimedia Design
Semester 2 (March 2018 ~ July 2018)
3D Modelling

Project 2: Organic Modelling

Week 8 to Week 10 (18th May to 1st June 2018)

After completing our Hard Surface Modelling, we begin modelling our Organic Model. For the organic modelling, I initially wanted to model a female character with cat ears. After that, I decided to change my character into a red riding hood wolf girl.

Fig. 1: Sketches of ideas for Organic Modelling: Poses.

Fig. 2: Sketches of ideas for Organic Modelling: Front, side and back view.

Fig. 3: Sketches of ideas for Organic Modelling: Human anatomy.

After sketching, I begin modelling my organic model in Maya. 

Fig. 4: Process of modelling.

Fig. 5: Process of modelling.

Fig. 6: Process of modelling.

Fig. 7: Process of modelling.

For my color scheme, I chose red and white for her bodysuit and hood, brown for the tail and ears and blue for her hair and eyes. The materials I used are Blinn and Lambert. I wanted to make her look like an in-game character. I rendered the model using Arnold renderer in Skydome lighting. 

Fig. 8: Rendered model (3-quarter front view).


Fig. 9: Rendered model (front view).

Fig. 10: Rendered model (front bottom view).

Fig. 11: Rendered model (back view).


Fig. 12: Rendered model (3-quarter back view).

Fig. 13: Rendered model (3-quarter front view).

Fig. 14: Rendered model (3-quarter front view top).

Fig. 15: Rendered model (top view).

Fig. 16: Rendered model (hair).

After the rendering is done, I then make the poster for my organic model and named the model Red Vixen. 

Fig. 17: Final Poster of Red Vixen.



Comments